The Fourth of July is only days away, with many fun events for everyone to enjoy! Below are some of the great events going on in Newport Beach:
- Newport Peninsula Bike Parade and Community Festival
- Time: 9:00 am – 11:30 am
- Where: Starts at Balboa Blvd and 36th Street – Ends at Channel Place Park
- The parade ends with a FREE festival including: carnival games, giant slides, jump houses, food, and arts & crafts.
- Parade participants are encouraged to decorate bikes, scooters, wagons, and strollers. Please bring dogs on leashes.
- For more information on this event, contact the Recreation and Senior Services Department at 949-644-3151.
- Independence Day Parade & Celebration
- Time: 10:30 am – 1:30 pm
- Where: Mariners Park – 1300 Irvine Avenue, Newport Beach
- The parade will begin at the corner of Commodore & Mariners Drive at 10:30 a.m. and the celebration will be held from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the park.
- There will be food for sale and wristbands available for purchase that allow participation in fun games and activities. Wristbands are $15 each ($10 for toddlers) and can be purchased in advance or at the event. For more information, please visit the Mariners Foundation website at marinersfoundation.com or call the City’s Recreation and Senior Services Department at 949-644-3151.
- Old Glory Boat Parade
- Time: 1:00 pm
- Where: Newport Harbor
- See the harbor at its patriotic best as boats decorated in red, white & blue move through the water. For more information about the parade, including the best viewing locations, please contact the American Legion Yacht Club by calling 949-673-5002.
- Fourth of July Flyover
- Time: 5:35 pm – 5:40 pm Where: Newport BeachThe Condor Squadron Officer’s and Airmen’s Association, a non-profit organization founded by a group of WWII fighter pilots, will fly AT-6’s over Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Dana Point and San Clemente.
- Fireworks Extravaganza
- Time: 9:00 pm
- Where: Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort – 1131 Back Bay Drive, Newport Beach
- The City is co-sponsoring a Fireworks Extravaganza with the Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort. Note: Newport Beach residents can walk into the evening fireworks show for free (please bring photo ID).
- The Newport Dunes has a full day of activities, food and music planned for the Fourth of July. Gates open at 8 a.m. and there will be a $50 per car parking fee throughout the day. Please call 949-729-DUNE or visit newportdunes.com to confirm information about the other holiday activities planned at the Dunes.
Note: The possession or use of fireworks is illegal in the city of Newport Beach. Residents and visitors who wish to view a fireworks display are encouraged to attend one of the many public shows planned throughout the area.
Source: City of Newport Beach